Friday, August 2, 2013

Drama Queen

I woke up early this morning with painful consistent contractions. Changing positions didn't help them go away, so I got up and drank some water, ate a banana, and took a hot shower hoping that would help. We had a volunteer event at work so I went to help stuff backpacks (we did 800 in two hours!). Staying busy did distract me for the most part, but once we were finished I was aware of being in pain again. And through it all I wasn't feeling Aubree move. I decided to go home, drink more water, and lie down to see if that would make the pain stop. After another couple of hours with no change and still not feeling Aubree, I called DH and told him I thought we should go in just to be on the safe side.

Nearly three hours later we got confirmation that I was having regular contractions, but not because of labor starting (YAY!). We also got a quick ultrasound to check Aubree's heartbeat since monitors won't pick her up. It was at 41 bpm, which is lower than Monday, but the process of scanning her seemed to wake her up and she's been dancing around ever since. The doctors think the contractions started up because of the extra fluid I'm carrying now and my body being stretched to the max. They called in some prescriptions for me and let us go home.

When I went to the pharmacy to get my medicines, they told me the doctor had prescribed 5mg tablets. They only had 2.5mg tablets there and couldn't get the 5mg tablets until Monday. I can't really wait until Monday to start my medicine, so I asked if they could fill the prescription using the 2.5mg tablets and I would just take two of them. The pharmacy tech told me no, but I was free to call around to other pharmacies to see if someone else could fill it for me (she wouldn't even call their stores' other branches!!). So I spend an hour calling around, but no one has it. NO ONE. Finally I call the first pharmacy back and by chance got the head pharmacist, who said that it wouldn't be a problem at all to fill the script using the 2.5mg tablets. Of course.

2 comments:

  1. I'm certainly not a pharmacist but this seems like common sense. It's good they finally figured it out and Aubree is dancing around.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yay for the pharmacy being able to do math! I'm pretty sure I know what pharmacy it was too. Ugh!

    Take it easy this weekend! Love you!

    ReplyDelete