Friday, July 19, 2013

Worth a try

I officially got transferred to care at Children's Mercy and passed my physical so I am cleared to deliver there when the time comes. We've made it almost to 28 weeks which is amazing! Right now we are trying a terbutaline treatment hoping to raise Aubree's heart rate enough to clear off the extra fluid. I hope it's enough to get her to the point where she can be delivered and get an external pacemaker installed. The treatment is honestly not very effective in babies with issues like Aubree's. But it is really the only thing we can try right now and it won't make things worse.

At our appointment yesterday she was measuring right on-track, except for her poor belly which is now almost 6 weeks ahead. Due to all the accumulated fluid she's weighing around 3lbs right now. We will know more in a couple of weeks hopefully after we get a chance to meet with all of the doctors and see what our plan of action could be. Right now it looks like we may schedule an early delivery in order to get her assistance as soon as possible since right now the risk of her being stillborn is very, very high. The longer she stays in, the greater the chance that she will pass away before delivery. I know it is still a long-shot, but I really would love to at least meet her alive.

4 comments:

  1. My name is Megan Kennedy, and I have been praying for you, and baby Aubree since I saw the post on Rebecca's blog. I just wanted you to know that I think about you and Aubree often, and I pray for her little heart every night.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you :) It is so encouraging to know that people from all over are praying for her!

      Delete
  2. Be positive. It is huge that you made it to 28 weeks. She wants to meet you just as much as you want to meet her. I really hope and pray that by this time next year, all of this is a thing of the past and Aubree is alive and well.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Me too!! :) I hope your little guy is doing well!!!

      Delete