Saturday, July 20, 2013

Frugal Mom Hack - Reusing and Recycling!

Now that DD is two, we can leave the house without taking the whole kitchen sink along. But sometimes you still need a few "baby" things like diapers, sippy cups, etc.

While we were out a few weeks ago, we got a bottle of water like this:
The sport top was perfect for DD to drink out of and we didn't have to carry along a sippy cup for her :) But we can't always find bottles with sport tops. So once she was done with this bottle I kept the top before tossing the rest into the recycling bin. I sent it through the dishwasher, and now I can keep just the top in my purse. If we can't find a sport bottle for her, I can just use this top for another water bottle. Yay!!


We also found that the plastic containers from cups of gum make the perfect little snack holders! They are small enough for DD to hold well, they have lids that are attached (so no dropping the lid somewhere), and they fit into cup holders or purses easily. DH loves the Orbitz gum, so I just saved several of his cups once he was done. And gum is cheaper to buy in the cups too :)

2 comments:

  1. Sports tops are great. I keep them on hand for me too. :) If you ever buy the Altoids tins too, they are great to hold onto for crayons for when you are out and about (may be too early for your DD). Thanks for sharing your tips.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Great idea! We need something to hold crayons when we go out. I will have to pick up some altoids next time I am at the store :)

      Delete