Sunday, September 9, 2012

So not Supermom

Sometimes I look at my daughter, and think to myself that I am failing her miserably as a parent. There are times when I feel like I am just going through the motions, just faking my way through the day. I have no idea what I am supposed to be doing with her - and I feel like I am failing miserably.

  • She's fed, and she loves to eat, but the child is not gaining as much weight as her Dr. wants. AK eats everything we put in front of her (except for avocados and mac & cheese). Yet she's only gained 3 lbs since she was 6 months old!!! She currently weighs 18 lbs and she's still in 6-9 month clothes (but the 12m outfits are getting closer to fitting).
  • I still have not scheduled her appointment to have her blood drawn. I was supposed to do that 6 weeks ago.....
  • I have been putting her to bed in a clean outfit and skipping the PJs since it means fewer clothes to buy and less laundry to do. I am sure this will be mentioned in her future therapy sessions.
  • She's finally outgrown the MOTN feedings. But instead of enjoying my uninterrupted sleep, I find myself missing those middle-of-the-night snuggles. I clearly remember being pissed one of the last times she woke me up, and as I went into her room when she was crying (holding out her hands and saying "mama!!!") I very sternly said "A K, CUT IT OUT!".  Seriously, who gets mad at a baby for waking up hungry? :(
  • We don't read 20 books together every day. In fact, my toddler watches a LOT of Nick Jr every day. I always swore before she was born that she wouldn't watch TV until she was 2. I think we made it to 6 months. It captures her attention long enough for me to sneak off to get ready every morning.
 And I could go on. But when I go to pick her up at the end of the day and she comes running to me saying "MAMA!!" and gives me a big smile and a hug, I have hope that maybe she does like me after all.

No comments:

Post a Comment