Sunday, September 30, 2012

A Chapter Is Closed

DD is completely done nursing as of this last week. Six months ago I was just longing for this day when I could finally have my body back all to myself. No small child pawing at my chest in public, no retreating to a quiet place to nurse or struggling with a nursing cover and a wriggly baby, no more pain from being 30 minutes late to my pumping break. No more leaking, no more planning a wardrobe around which tops would be the quickest and easiest to remove (poor DH - I think he liked that part HAHA!). But now that it is here I am kind of sad. She's 14 months this week and growing up so fast. We still have 60 oz or so in the freezer that she will get over the next couple of weeks, but then its all whole milk and grown-up food from here on out.

I am so thankful that I was able to nurse DD for this long. Other than a little bit of trouble in the first three weeks, we both figured out what to do and I was able to supply all she needed (and then some). I am thankful my employer allowed me plenty of time to pump and provided a private place for me (before they technically had to). I am thankful our daycare providers had no issues handling the frozen milk and preparing bottles for DD.

These days her milk comes in a sippy cup. More often than not its whole milk. And she no longer wakes up in the middle of the night to nurse and cuddle with me. If she does happen to wake, its because she launched her binky out of the crib and screams for a replacement - once it arrives she happily cuddles with her baby dolls and drifts back off to sleep. My sweet, little, independent girl.

On the plus side, I am getting more done at work with an extra hour added back into my day. I do miss the breaks though ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment