Friday, June 21, 2013

I can't believe it!

I won a blog contest! Seriously, I never win anything. But to win this contest in particular was especially encouraging :)

All That Love Can Do is a wonderful blog and resource for families choosing to continue their pregnancies after a fatal diagnosis. I stumbled upon them while we were first learning about Aubree, and I have been so encouraged by the stories on the blog and on Facebook. To know that there are other families out there walking this same road is encouraging, even though I wish with all my heart a group like this didn't have to exist.

Earlier this week, ATLCD hosted a giveaway for Epiphany Art Studio. These beautiful works of art are made by a wonderful mom who had to say goodbye to her sweet baby. Creating art was something that helped her to express the deep emotions and to bring comfort to herself and others. Really - you have to check out these pictures. There's something so haunting and yet extremely beautiful about the emotions that come through.

As a winner of the giveaway, I got to choose my own piece from Epiphany Art Studio! This is the image that I chose:
by Epiphany Art Studio


How beautiful is this piece? And how appropriate for my life in this moment. "Trust Through the Storm" - exactly what I am feeling and going through right now. I can't wait to get this and frame it.

Thank you, so much, All That Love Can Do and Epiphany Art Studio!!

1 comment:

  1. So grateful, Sam! I hope you enjoy your art and that it provides some small measure of peace and healing.

    ReplyDelete