Monday, August 27, 2012

Diapers....so many diapers!

Oh man, I thought I was doing great before DD was born. I stocked up on so many diapers and thought they would last us FOREVER.

It lasted about 10 months. And we still have several more months (years???) to go until DD is potty trained. Here are some great diaper deals I have found:
  • The best every-day price on diapers and wipes is at Aldi. Seriously! Their packs of diapers are $5 and the wipes are $3 for 3 refill packs. I would say these are most comparable to CVS diapers (cheaper version of basic Pampers). They work well for our DD. I was expecting the diapers to be of really low-quality, but was very pleasantly surprised. We have had no leaks with these diaper (as compared to the Walmart diapers....which I HATE!).
  • Walgreens diapers. We love these diapers too. I stockpiled so many of these before DD was born. If only I could go back in time and quadruple the amount I purchased then at $1.25/pack.  But every few months they put these diapers on BOGO sale, which makes them about $4.50/pack. Definitely worth stocking up on! These diapers are most comparable to Huggies Snug N Dry.
I wish cloth diapers were a viable option for us. They are so stinkin' cute! And I was raised in a family that used cloth diapers so it seems like second-nature to me. But they really just wouldn't work with our life at the moment and DH was not on-board with the idea. Oh well.  Maybe with the next baby :)

So what has worked for your family?

No comments:

Post a Comment